Friday, April 25, 2008

The Bodysnatchers

I have always had a soft spot in my heart for The Bodysnatchers. As the only all female band in a universe of 2Tone testosterone they made an impact on the UK charts and for a short time were the standard bearers for the label in the UK while The Specials and The Selecter were touring the U.S. and Europe. The Bodysnatchers released their debut single, "Let's Do Rock Steady". The B side was "Ruder Than You". The single reached the #22 spot on the U.K. singles chart.

I was always surprised that they never recorded an album for 2Tone (that came later when members of the band formed The Belle Stars). Apparently they had a 2 single deal with Jerry Dammers and the extent of their recorded output comes to 5 songs. It was always hard to find all of them, but I have been able to do that and now you can also have them all in your collection.

They include:
Too Experienced
Easy Life
Ruder Than You
Let's Do Rock Steady
Let's Do Rock Steady (Live)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am really glad you posted about the Bodysnatchers & included some song downloads. 1981 was a huge year in my life & the whole 2-tone phenomenon was definitely the soundtrack. I haven't seen "Dance Craze" since it was in the theater in 1982. It's very hard to find except in bits and pieces on Youtube. Thanks again.